“ABOVE AND BELOW THE WATER WITH TOTNES BSAC” – CLUB PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
We’re holding a photography competition which is open to all TSAC members in 2020. There are several categories which are outlined below and the winners will be printed and displayed on the walls of the upstairs bar.
- “Club life” can be anything related to Totnes BSAC and taken during the course of 2020. These can be above-water as well as in/under-water photos and can be related to diving, training, a club beach day or just club members helping out at an event such as the raft race – the choice is entirely yours, but it should be on a club organised activity (max 3 images).
- There will be two “open” categories – “UK” and “Rest of the World” where members can submit images (maximum of 3 per category) provided they have been taken during 2020.
- The “splash-in” simply involves members coming club diving over the weekend of 12-13th September and using their underwater cameras. The rules of the splash-in are that you may take as many images as you wish in the area or areas designated for the competition on the Saturday and the Sunday of the competition. A total of three images can be entered into the splash-in competition, regardless of category.
The splash-in competition categories are:
- Wide angle
- Beginners (anyone who hasn’t won or been ‘placed’ in a photographic competition before, nor have had any photos used by national print or online media outlets)
- Go Pro/action camera images
There is no restriction whatsoever in how you create the final images. Photoshop or any other manipulation software can be used, without restriction, however images should “represent nature”.
Compliance with the above rules, including when the images are taken and how they are prepared for presentation, is based on trust.
Images can be submitted by using your preferred file-sharing service to email@example.com by the closing date of midnight on Tuesday 15 September. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
There’s an entry fee of £2/image to cover the printing of the winning images.
Dan Bolt has kindly offered to judge the entries and there will also be an audience vote for “most popular image” on Wednesday 7 October.
The judging will identify 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each category and the plan is that the winning image in each category, including the “most popular image” will be printed and displayed on the walls of the upstairs bar.
If you have any questions regarding the competition please contact Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07867 528480.
Happy snapping everyone, and good luck!